EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
It seems obvious why fundraising is important: to raise funds for needed items, services and programs. Yet, raising funds has so many other benefits besides the obvious.
It creates awareness in a person that they are part of a community or movement.
It teaches one to appreciate what they have and to understand that they have the ability, at any age, to help others.
Get this…It is a fact that children who participate in civic or public service from a young age are more likely to carry on with that type of work into adulthood.
And…let’s not forget the huge impact fundraising can make for generations to come!
We hope that you want to be a bigger part of this ministry and have a desire to help us remain strong and perhaps even grow.
We’d be happy to work with you to set up a fundraising event or promote our ministry to others who may be interested in joining the PILAS team.
- Here are some fun tried-and-true and kinda new fundraising ideas:
- 10,000 Steps Challenge (Use your Fitbit!)
- Community Pool Party (YMCA, neighbourhood association, etc.)
- Community Yard Sale
- Food Truck Event (Sponsor event with % of sales going to PILAS)
- Marathon / Swim-a-thon
- BINGO Night
- Outrageous Bet for Charity (Dye your hair, shave your head, etc.)
- Movie Night
- Raffle / 50/50 Raffle
- Scavenger Hunt
- Loose Change Drive
- Skip a Restaurant Meal Challenge
- Board Game Tournament
- Car / Dog wash
- Bake sale
- Spaghetti supper
- Pancake breakfast
- Dessert night
- Golf / Mini-golf tournament
- Curling tournament
- Silent Auction